25 Reasons to Book an Inside Passage Cruise on the David B
We feel that the David B is a special boat and that the cruises we provide our passengers are unique. For a couple of years now we have kept a logbook for our passengers to write their observations, poems, songs or appreciations. It’s a keepsake that Capt. Jeffrey and I enjoy looking through in the off-season. What our passengers write about is also a lot of fun for us to share. This excerpt is from a 12-day cruise we did between Ketchikan, Alaska and Bellingham, Washington. We had four people on board from Dallas, TX and two people from Australia. Together the group came up with their Top 25 Experiences on the David B:
1. The David B
2. A black bear catching a salmon while a bald eagle swooped over
3. At least 50 Pacific White-Sided Dolphins swimming – They took turns swimming at our bow
4. Orca Pods – They did a Sea World performance just for us
5. Amazing Grace played by bag pies in Prideaux Haven – David B led the ship horn response
6. Christine & Jeffrey
7. Traveling companions on the cruise – Lesley, Ian, Amy, Wendy, Jan, Richard
8. Kayaking – saw a grizzly bear with eagles overhead
9. Salmon trying to jump up a waterfall & continually splashing all around us.
10. Humpback whale watching
11. Weather – sunny, clear, cool – perfect
12. “It’s so cute!” The seals & how they always knew to dive when we got the cameras focused
13. Bread: Sour[dough], seed; croissants; pain au chocolat; muffins; scones, adds up to 5 extra lbs/person
14. Swimming in Prideaux Haven to the rocks, Twice – Wendy and Lesley only
15. Bald eagle sentinals at coves and on the tips of islands
16. Our daily Happy Hour
17. CUFF – Card game imported from Austraila
18. Dinners – Every one was excellent
19. Pub bus to Hummingbird – better than promised
20. Soups – Couldn’t pick a fav
21. Black Spotted Canadian Foot Pox (Wendy especially got nibbled by No-see-ums when we went to go watch bears and we forgot bug spray)
22. Cute Staterooms
23. “Never let the facts get in the way of a good story”
24. Lesley’s bear avoidance plans. They are all some variation of Lesley going faster than anyone else so the slower person could get eaten!
This was the vacation of a lifetime.
-Wendy G, Amy, Jan and Richard J, and Lesley and Ian C.